Event - International Week
In the week beginning 13th of June, St. Paul's had an International week in which each class chose a country to concentrate on. The week was a great success with everybody learning something new and developing their intercultural understanding.
- Reception class enjoyed a Brazil themed week, taking part in a carnival and tasting some excellent food.
- Year 1 studied Italy, making pizzas and creating a model of the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- Year 2 enjoyed a Tai Chi session and practised their counting in Japanese.
- In Key Stage 2, Year 3 learnt all about Australia; they had a healthy barbecue and produced some Aboriginal art work.
- Year 4 focused their attention on France practising their language skills at Alexandra High School and tasting some French foods.
- Year 5 learnt all about Canada and they baked some cakes with the Canadian flag and sampling some pancakes with maple syrup.
- Year 6 learnt about life in Ghana, making some masks and tasting some authentic food cooked by Mrs Eboye.
At the end of the week, the children showed what they had learnt in a special assembly.
All of the children, staff and parents were in agreement that our International week was a great success as the children enjoyed themselves and learnt something new about another culture.